Windows come in all shapes and sizes, and sometimes, finding the perfect curtains and blinds for non-standard windows can be a bit of a challenge. Whether you’re dealing with sliding doors, bay windows, French doors, areas with harsh sunlight, or oversized or small windows, it’s essential to consider both functionality and aesthetics when selecting window coverings. In this article, we’ll provide you with valuable tips to help you find the ideal custom curtains and quality custom blinds for your non-standard windows.
Sliding doors are a beautiful feature in many homes, but they can be tricky to dress with curtains and blinds. Here’s how to find the perfect solution:
- Vertical Blinds: Vertical blinds are a popular choice for sliding doors. They offer excellent light control and privacy. Look for vertical blinds made from durable materials like PVC or high-quality fabric to ensure longevity.
- Panel Track Blinds: Panel track blinds are a modern and sleek option for sliding doors. These quality custom blinds consist of large fabric panels that can be stacked neatly to one side when not in use. They provide a minimalist look and are available in various colours and textures.
- Curtains with Grommets or Rods: Choose curtains with grommets or curtain rods for a stylish and functional option. They allow you to easily slide the curtains to the side, giving you full access to your sliding door. Select blackout or thermal curtains to control light and temperature.
Bay windows add charm and character to a room but require special attention when it comes to choosing curtains and blinds. Follow these tips:
- Bay Window Rods: Invest in bay window curtain rods that are designed to fit the angles and curves of your bay window. This will allow you to hang curtains with ease and maintain a polished look.
- Blinds with Flexible Slats: Venetian blinds or wooden blinds with flexible slats can be customised to fit the unique shape of your bay window. You can adjust the slats to control light and privacy as needed.
- Sheer Curtains: Sheer curtains are an excellent choice for bay windows. They soften the angles of the bay window and allow natural light to filter through while maintaining some privacy
French doors are known for their elegance and timeless appeal, and selecting the right window coverings can enhance their beauty. Here’s what you should consider:
- Magnetic Door Blinds: Magnetic door blinds are a convenient and stylish option for French doors. They are easy to install and can be adjusted to control light and privacy. Choose blinds that match the interior design of your home.
- Tie-Back Curtains: Use tie-back custom curtains to add a touch of sophistication to your French doors. They can be pulled back during the day to let in the sunlight and closed in the evening for privacy.
- Roman Shades: Roman shades are an excellent choice for French doors. They come in various fabrics and designs and can be customised to match your decor. Roman shades are known for their elegant appearance and functionality.
Harsh Sunlight Areas
Areas with harsh sunlight require window treatments that provide sun protection and maintain a comfortable atmosphere. Consider these options:
- Solar Shades: Solar shades are designed to block harmful UV rays while allowing you to enjoy natural light. They come in various opacity levels, so you can choose the one that suits your needs. They are perfect for living rooms, sunrooms, and areas with a lot of sunlight exposure.
- Blackout Curtains: Blackout custom curtains are an effective choice for harsh sunlight areas. They block out almost all light and help maintain a comfortable temperature inside your home. They’re ideal for bedrooms and home theatres.
- Sheer Shades: Sheer shades combine the benefits of sheer curtains and solar shades. They let in soft, diffused light while offering UV protection. These shades provide an elegant and contemporary look for your space.
Oversized or Small Windows
Whether you have large, floor-to-ceiling windows or small, irregularly shaped windows, there are suitable custom curtains and quality custom blinds for every size. Here are some tips:
- Large Windows: For oversized windows, choose custom-made curtains and blinds. These can be tailored to your window’s specific measurements, ensuring a perfect fit. Layering curtains with blinds can add depth and visual interest.
- Small Windows: Small windows can be enhanced with cafe curtains, valances, or Roman shades. These window coverings don’t overwhelm the space and provide a touch of style without sacrificing natural light.
Selecting the right curtains and blinds for non-standard windows can transform your space and enhance its functionality. Whether you’re dealing with sliding doors, bay windows, French doors, areas with harsh sunlight, or oversized or small windows, there are plenty of options to choose from. By considering the unique characteristics of your windows and your design preferences, you can create a stylish and practical window treatment that complements your home. Don’t hesitate to consult with Allegra Interiors, a leading quality custom blinds and custom curtains company in Melbourne, for expert guidance and affordable, personalised window coverings. With the right choice, your windows will become a beautiful focal point in your living space, all while providing the comfort and privacy you desire.