Menopause, often referred to as “the change of life,” brings about various shifts in a woman’s body. During the years leading up to menopause, women may experience lower energy levels, weight gain, mood swings, depression, stress, anxiety, and a decrease in libido. In fact, weight loss for women during menopause is one of the most regular topics talked about at top women’s gyms in Melbourne! Specialists in personal training for women say these symptoms should not be accepted passively. Engaging in regular exercise can have a positive impact on many menopausal signs, allowing women to navigate this stage of life with greater ease. In fact, treating menopause can be added to the extensive list of health benefits that come from maintaining a consistent full-body workout routine!
What are the symptoms of menopause?
Although menopause technically refers to a single day, the period leading up to it can be a roller coaster of physical and emotional symptoms for many women. Menopause symptoms vary among individuals, as not all women experience the same effects.
Most of the physical and psychological signs of menopause are attributed to hormonal changes and include:
- Reduced libido, sex drive, and sexual response
- Feelings of depression, anxiety, irritability, and mood swings
- Forgetfulness and difficulties with concentration
- Weight gain and issues related to self-image
- Fatigue and decreased energy levels
- Aches and pains
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flushes
- Dry skin
How exercise helps you
Exercise provides women with a means to alleviate these symptoms and treat menopause effectively, whether it’s a walk through the park or a workout at one od the best women’s gyms in Melbourne. Engaging in physical activity can create a positive cycle, increasing motivation for continued exercise and supporting healthy, positive weight loss for women.
Here’s how exercise fights menopause symptoms and enhances libido:
- Boosts mood and combats anxiety and depression: Participating in a full-body workout triggers the release of endorphins, known as “feel-good” hormones, which contribute to a sense of well-being.
- Counters weight gain caused by hormonal changes: Regular full-body workouts, such as the Curves Circuit, aid in weight loss and improving overall strength. These factors positively impact body image, which is linked to greater sexual satisfaction.
- Reduces orgasm dissatisfaction and arousal problems: Research indicates that physically fit women are more likely to have a healthier sex drive and experience orgasms more frequently. Regular exercise contributes to an enhanced self-image, further promoting sexual satisfaction.
- Improves circulation: Exercise enhances blood flow throughout the body, including the genital area. By improving circulation, exercise can help boost female sex drive and satisfaction.
- Increases energy levels: Women who engage in regular exercise often experience higher energy levels in various aspects of their lives, including sexual activities.
Weight gain, low energy, and mood swings are among the most common menopause symptoms that can negatively impact sex drive. Regular exercise effectively counters these symptoms. Additionally, a full-body workout or group fitness class aids in weight loss for women, supporting sexual health and the maintenance of a satisfying lifestyle, whether a woman is pre- or post-menopause. Remember, you can also choose to try out personal training for women, which will focus on your unique needs as you go through menopause and beyond.
Exercise promotes healthy weight loss for women and better sexual health
Remember, exercise doesn’t have to be time-consuming – even if your focus is simply on weight loss for women! You can achieve complete total body workouts in just 30 minutes at your local women’s gyms in Melbourne. These are safe, welcoming spaces where you can simply be yourself, meet likeminded women, and enjoy a fit and healthy life. With personal training for women, world-class equipment, and fun classes, every woman can live their healthiest life – no matter your age, stage of life, or fitness level! It’s time to check out the best women’s gyms in Melbourne to chat about group classes and personal training for women.